INVO® Tip Metering Element
Realizing the Greatest Savings Potential in Coating
A polymeric tip must never run dry against the sheet since it will burn and all benefits are lost. UMV has solved this issue with the patented and award-winning design of the INVO® Tip. UMV now makes this unique product, the INVO® Tip, available to all customers.
Experience from INVO® Tip mills, shows that it is possible to achieve substantial savings in feedstock, coating color and energy with equal or better quality by using the INVO® Tip.
Many mills are using conventional, energy-consuming techniques, such as air-knife and curtain coater, to achieve good fiber coverage. INVO® Tip can do the job and substantially reduce energy consumption and increase production output. Additionally, it is possible to utilize a cheaper coating color giving equal or better coating quality than before. INVO® Tip can be installed in all existing coaters.
Cost Cutting Through
- Less bleached fibers needed in top layer
- Less and/or cheaper coating
- Less energy
- New optimized grades
- Increased output
- 25 % saving on coating color
- 20 % saving on bleached fibers
- 10 % saving on drying energy
- 10 % increased output
Board Mill Using INVO® Tip from UMV. Total investment less than € 100.000. Savings of about € 5 milion/year.
Example of Print Results
21 gsm total coat weight, with blade
17 gsm total coat weight, with INVO® Tip
INVO® Tip Offers Both Excellent Fibre Coverage and Improved Smoothness
- Excellent fiber coverage and smoothness
- Improved print quality
- Increased production
- Energy savings
- Higher dry content
- Cost reduction due to cheaper raw material
- Excellent lifetime, runnability and coat weight control
- Fits all of the existing coaters on the market
- Offers excellent barrier properties
- Less fiber and/or chemicals